Things We Saw Today: HitchBOT Lives! With … Kevin Smith?
It's just like The Incredible Journey. But with a robot.
The sad demise of an adorable Canadian hitchhiking robot broke our hearts earlier this week; seeing hitchBOT get beheaded at the hands of pranksters seems like a sad ending for a cute idea. Somebody else must have agreed, because the little robot that could has ended up in the hands of filmmaker and noted Canada fan Kevin Smith. (via Gizmodo)
- In NSFW news, apparently “bro-jobs” are a new trend among straight white men. Yes, a “bro-job” is exactly what you think it is. The word “straight” appears 13 times on this page. Straight, straight, straight! (via World Of Wonder)
- NBC’s upcoming live musical adaptation of The Wiz has found its Dorothy! Newcomer Shanice Williams joins the star-studded cast; listen to her beautiful voice in this video of her audition via Variety.
- Speaking of musicals, 3QU Media’s upcoming animated film Charming has tapped several pop stars to play the roles of its fairytale princesses. Avril Lavigne will be Snow White, Ashley Tisdale’s cast as Cinderella, and G.E.M. will play Sleeping Beauty. (via Deadline)
- This handmade Millennium Falcon snack dish should spice up any Star Wars-themed party … perhaps even a post-viewing The Force Awakens extravaganza come December? Also, we’re all invited, right? (via Nerdist)
- Archie Comics‘ CEO and CCO have partnered with Funny Or Die and writer-director Adam McKay (Anchorman, SNL) to produce a Broadway-bound Archie musical. (via Deadline)
- Batman has looked pretty darn emo in all the Batman v. Superman footage we’ve seen so far, but this latest teaser photo is one for the record books. (via Blastr)
What would you say to Bruce Wayne in order to reassure him that it’s all going to be okay?
—Please make note of The Mary Sue’s general comment policy.—
Have a tip we should know? [email protected]