One super-crafty Nintendo fan has designed an impressive Mario Kart 8-themed nursery, following on the heels of beautifully designed Yoshi’s Island and Zelda nurseries. How disappointing would it be if that sweet lil’ baby grew up to be a die-hard PC gamer?
- Gotham has cast Natalie Alyn Lind as Silver St. Cloud, one of Bruce Wayne’s future flames. Looking forward to seeing her try to sway young Bruce away from his crush on bad-girl Cat in next season’s iteration of Batman-meets-Muppet Babies. (via Entertainment Weekly)
- Rick Cosnett, fan favorite from The Flash, has been tapped to join Quantico, where he will continue his career in fictional law enforcement — this time in the FBI. (via The Hollywood Reporter)
- Rosamund Pike, former Gone Girl, will make use of her conspiratorial dramatic skills once again, having just been cast in CIA-themed thriller High Wire Act. Jon Hamm co-stars. (via Deadline Hollywood)
- This Millennium Falcon by Hot Toys is 1/16 the size, but no less impressive than the real deal; Ani-Com and Games Hong Kong will debut the model. We can only hope that any adorable kittens and/or puppies in attendance will bring their Han Solo costumes so as to take photos next to this iconic starship. (via Gizmodo; Image via Hot Toys)
- In Adorable Robot News, this enterprising automaton has been hitch-hiking its way through the States, thanks to the kindness of strangers. (via Blastr)
- Bryan Cogman, a writer-producer for Game of Thrones, has come on board as screenwriter for an upcoming live-action remake of Disney’s Sword in the Stone. Yes, that Bryan Cogman, who wrote that one Game of Thrones episode (along with many others). Hm. (via The Hollywood Reporter)
- Summertime means sand castles … and sometimes, sand grudges. This almost-romantic sculpture of Batman and the Joker holding one another’s bitter hand won first place in the Canadian Open Sand Sculpting Competition.
What caught your eye and made you go “hmmm” today? Share your internet journeys with us.
—Please make note of The Mary Sue’s general comment policy.—
Have a tip we should know? [email protected]