Things We Saw Today: Quick! To the Batmobile (Slippers)!
There's no time to sleep, Robin!
Oct 8th, 2014, 7:30 pm
I’ve got to get me one of those. (via Geekologie)
- Sharks have different social personalities, according to new research. That’s why some sharknados are only mildly terrifying affronts to nature and logic. (via io9)
- According to Death and Taxes, an upcoming Icelandic conference on feminism and gender equality has not invited any women. They did, however, invite a very confused but appreciative Chris Traeger.
Feast your eyes on the first poster for Powers, the Playstation Network’s exclusive adaptation of a comic book series by Brian Michael Bendis and Michael Avon Oeming. Will someone buy me a PS4, please? (via /Film)
- And now for something terrible: according to Gloria Steinem on Politifact, “if you added up all the women who have been murdered by their husbands or boyfriends since 9/11, and then you add up all the Americans who were killed by 9/11 or in Afghanistan and Iraq, more women were killed by their husbands or boyfriends.” Yikes.
- Listen to Gillian Anderson read a passage from her new novel, A Vision of Fire. That’s right, she writes, too! (via io9)
- Actors from Downton Abbey are starring in a special episode of Disney’s Doc McStuffins as adorable 19th century toys. (via BBC America)
Does this 13th century manuscript illustration look like a face hugger to you? Because it does to me. Someone call Abbess Ripley. (via UsVsTh3m)
Are you following The Mary Sue on Twitter, Facebook, Tumblr, Pinterest, & Google +?
Have a tip we should know? [email protected]