Things We Saw Today: Awesome Korra Cosplayer Bends Fire IRL, Looks Entirely Badass
Van Helen’s cosplay game is on point. Not only does her actual costume look great, but she’s literally playing with fire. Nope. Not Photoshop. Them there are actual flames! Wanna check out more photos and see how she did it? Head on over to Fashionably Geek!
- Cumberbabes (or whatever you’re calling yourselves these days) take note! Benedict Cumberbatch’s next project is a How to Stop Time, an adaptation of Matt Haig’s forthcoming novel, whose film rights have been acquired by Cumberbatch’s production company SunnyMarch and Studiocanal. (via The Hollywood Reporter)
- Love Rogue One? Director Gareth Edwards talked all about it in his recent Reddit AMA! Check it out! (via Pajiba)
- Sad news today: Stephen Hillenburg, creator and Executive Producer of the long-running Nickelodeon hit Spongebob Squarepants recently announced that he’s battling ALS. (via CBR.com)
Check out this awesome Ghost in the Shell artwork created by Becky Cloonan, which was done in partnership with Mondo and Kodansha Comics as a series of prints to celebrate the landmark manga series. (via Comics Alliance)
- Gizmodo has a fascinating interview with Ingvild Deila, the actress who played young Leia at the end of Rogue One.
- A woman by the name of Emily Jackson has created an awesome podcast called She’s Running, in which she interviews women all across the country who are running for public office! It’s already four episodes in, so check it out!
- THINX brand underwear for menstruation seems to be all about feminism. However, the message of their marketing doesn’t really jibe with how they treat their female employees. (via Racked)
That’s it from us today! What have you seen out there?
—The Mary Sue has a strict comment policy that forbids, but is not limited to, personal insults toward anyone, hate speech, and trolling.—