Tina Guo, the classically trained musician who provided the badass cello riffs on Wonder Woman’s theme from Batman V Superman: Dawn of Justice, shared a video of her making the song even more metal. She told io9 that the video below is in preparation for her personal work, rather than a new song for Wonder Woman, but she is recording something for Wonder Woman. Either way, we can still enjoy (a) her talent (b) her use of the hashtag #PizzaPower.
— Tina Guo (@Tinaguo) March 5, 2017
- Amy Jo Johnson, the original Pink Ranger, pranked the cast of the new Power Rangers movie by pretending to be a reporter at their press junket. (via Nerdist)
- ScreenCrush shared an amazing look at all the visual effects work that went into Batman V Superman: Dawn of Justice. Even though I wasn’t a fan of the movie overall, I still found the amount of work and artistry that goes into creating these scenes astounding. It’s worth checking out.
- Remezcla and NPR’s Latino USA released a story about the fascinating, super-secret process of creating the Spanish-language dub of Rogue One: A Star Wars Story. The secrecy around the film was just absurd. As described by io9, translator Katya Ojeda “had to translate from a rotoscoped version of the film. The entire screen was in black, and when the actors talked, little ‘bubbles’ would open up so she could observe the lip movements.” (via io9)
- Danny Rand will not wear a costume in the first season of Iron Fist, so fans of navel-deep plunging necklines will have to wait. (via CBR)
- Disney has posted the first five minutes of their Disney Channel Original Movie, Tangled: Before Ever After. The movie is a sort of extended pilot for Tangled: The Series. (via /Film)
(image via screengrab from Guo’s video)
Want more stories like this? Become a subscriber and support the site!
—The Mary Sue has a strict comment policy that forbids, but is not limited to, personal insults toward anyone, hate speech, and trolling.—
Have a tip we should know? firstname.lastname@example.org