Things We Saw Today: Come Knit a Snood With Jessica Jones
Jessica Jones star Krysten Ritter is apparently a huge fan of knitting. “Knitting is a way to chill out, but also tune inward,” she said. “And it’s very meditative.” To celebrate her hobby, she’s partnered with We are knitters to sell a knitting kit for a giant wool infinity scarf that doubles as a hood. At $88, the knitting kit seems pricey to me, but I’ve only knitted two narrow scarves in my life, so I’m no expert. I do have the expertise to declare that Krysten Ritter looks adorably happy in her scarf-hood-snood, though. (via Nerdist)
Major major major exciting moment for me! My knitting kit with @weareknitters is available! LINK IN BIO!!! http://bit.ly/WAKxKR I love knitting, as you probably know by now, and I want to share it with everyone! You can choose any color you like and the kit includes everything you need :) Make sure to tag your pics so I can see your progress! #KrystenKnitter #KrystenRitterSnood 🎉🎉🎉🎉👏🏻👏🏻👏🏻👏🏻😜😜😜😜🎉
- io9 has a preview of R.L. Stine’s upcoming Marvel comic, Man-Thing.
- More than 80,000 people showed up for the 11th annual NAACP-led Moral March today in Raleigh, NC. The march began as a civil rights event, but has expanded to support a host of other progressive causes. An official statement declared, “This year, the Moral March on Raleigh will focus on our moral duty to stand against the repeal of the life-saving Affordable Care Act, the legislative tyranny of our extremist-led General Assembly, the racist and unconstitutional gerrymandering which undermines the vote of all North Carolinians, the anti-family, anti-worker, and anti-LGBTQ hate bill 2, and the extremism and lies of Trumpism.” (Via ABC 11)
— ABC News (@ABC) February 11, 2017
- Oscar nominee and Luke Cage alum Mahershala Ali said in a recent interview, “I really just want the opportunity to go on the hero’s journey. I’ve never done that.” That journey is the bread and butter of genre films, so let’s get on it, SFF Hollywood. (via The Hollywood Reporter)
- The San Francisco advocacy group, Without My Consent, has released a step-by-step guide for victims of revenge porn. The Something Can Be Done! Guide covers topics like evidence preservation, restraining orders, take down, and copyright registration. (via Ars Technica)
- Fifty Shades Darker dominated the Friday box office, beating out The Lego Batman Movie, because this is the nightmare world we all deserve. Of course, with the box office for Saturday and Sunday matinees skewing kid-friendly, the weekend as a whole is either film’s to win. (Via Collider)
Want more stories like this? Become a subscriber and support the site!
—The Mary Sue has a strict comment policy that forbids, but is not limited to, personal insults toward anyone, hate speech, and trolling.—