Things We Saw Today: Mark Twain Has a Few Choice Words For Senate and House Democrats
Being that the Democrats in the Senate and the House need a little help growing a spine so they can stand up to Trump’s incompetent appointees and racist, sexist, homophobic agenda, Mark Twain has traveled to our time from the past to ask a simple question: “What the Fuck Are You Doing?” Actually, it’s actor Gabriel Diani of Diani and Devine Meet the Apocalypse channeling Twain. And why Twain? Well, if anyone would know from racism and sexism, it’s “A white dude from 1867 with some troubling opinions of my own.” And even HE thinks we’re fucked.
- Stranger Things‘ David Harbour gave a really inspiring speech in the face of the Trumpocalypse when the cast won Best Ensemble in a Drama Series at the SAG-AFTRA Awards. And he wasn’t the only one. (via Polygon)
- Since Trump seems hell-bent on keeping foreigners out, 1.3 million citizens of the UK are fighting to keep from letting Trump in on a state visit. (via Boing Boing)
— Chris Miller (@chrizmillr) January 30, 2017
Han Solo Star Wars anthology film co-director, Christopher Miller, shouted out Greedo when announcing the beginning of production. (via The Hollywood Reporter)
- Speaking of Star Wars, The Last Jedi writer/director Rian Johnson talks about the many influences on his script. (via CBR.com)
- Kellyanne Conway calls for Trump’s media critics to be fired. Because who needs a free press when you can have a “full and fair” press? (via Daily Koz)
- It looks like NBC’s The Good Place has been renewed for a Second Season. Yay for more Kristen Bell! (via The Hollywood Reporter)
That’s it from us! What did you see today?
(featured image via screenshot)
Want more stories like this? Become a subscriber and support the site!
—The Mary Sue has a strict comment policy that forbids, but is not limited to, personal insults toward anyone, hate speech, and trolling.—
Have a tip we should know? [email protected]