Things We Saw Today: Patton Chen’s Figure Skating Recreations of Yuri!!! on Ice Routines
Patton Chen, a Chinese figure skater and a big fan of the anime Yuri!!! On Ice, has been recreating routines from the show and putting them on his YouTube channel. He just uploaded his own version of Yuri’s “Eros” routine this week, and it’s stunning. A month ago, he uploaded a video of himself performing the routine from “History Maker,” from the opening credits of the show. Both videos are absolutely worth watching for any fan of the show or of skating in general!
- Kristen Iverson’s “Against Empathy: Why Love Doesn’t Trump Hate” makes the case for holding Trump voters accountable, and goes on to argue that “political liberals are already inherently empathetic toward Trump voters. We’re already empathetic because we have been the ones supporting easier access to health care, a comprehensive social safety net, stronger public schools, drug law reform, and cleaner water—the very issues that most affect the specific subset of Trump voters with whom we’re supposed to empathize.”
- M. Night Shyamalan is a big fan of Stranger Things and he wants to be involved. Hmmm. (via CBR)
- Mozilla has unveiled a new logo, and it embodies the spirit of “meh.” Take a look, you’ll see what we mean.
- According to the Voltron: Legendary Defender creative team, the show couldn’t have delved as much into telling slow, character-based stories without Netflix. Well, good thing Netflix exists, then.
- Sheryl Sandberg says Facebook is really cracking down on removing “fake news” and propaganda. Seems too little too late, at this point, but okay.
- THR interviewed Al Gore in depth about his upcoming sequel to An Inconvenient Truth, which he’s been quietly putting together for the past two years.
That’s what we saw today. How about you?
Want more stories like this? Become a subscriber and support the site!
—The Mary Sue has a strict comment policy that forbids, but is not limited to, personal insults toward anyone, hate speech, and trolling.—
Have a tip we should know? [email protected]