Things We Saw Today: David Blaine Stuns Jimmy Fallon & The Roots With Magic on Tonight Show
To promote a brand new magic special premiering on Tuesday, magician David Blaine performed some pretty stunning card tricks on the Tonight Show. Fans may recognize a few of them from his 2013 special, David Blaine: Real or Magic. You should watch the whole video for the surprise trick at the end. C’mon, we could use a little magic these days, can’t we? (via Boing Boing)
- Women have begun donating to Planned Parenthood in Vice President-Elect Mike Pence’s name. It’s the best kind of get-back, and it supports the right people. Win-win. (via The Daily Dot)
- A collection of sixteen writers have written pieces for The New Yorker on what they believe Trump’s America might look like. It’s a great collection of essays that is well worth your time.
- Speaking of evil leaders, Darth Maul will be receiving his very own solo comic book over at Marvel. Now he can brood and glower at you on paper, too! (via Nerdist)
Willow Smith has released a brand new song. Titled, “November 9th,” it reflects on the recent election and the myriad of complicated, heavy feelings that have arisen since. It’s a lullaby, and its gentle, rocking lyrics are full of positive messages that may help you deal with some of your later nights spent staying up worrying about the future. (via MTV News)
- In a really bizarre act of unprovoked violence, Arrow star Stephen Amell was headbutted by someone who seemed to be an Arrow fan while he was out running. When Amell asked the fan why he did that, he replied, “I want to fight the Green Arrow.” Damn, random stranger. Chill. (via Blastr)
- To get back at Anish Kapoor, who apparently acquired the rights to the “blackest black” pigment known to man (and thus bars literally all other artists from using that color), artist Stuart Semple created the “pinkest pink” and banned Kapoor from using it. The pink, called “PINK” (of course), is purchasable online only after you agree to a long contract stating that “you are not Anish Kapoor, you are in no way affiliated to Anish Kapoor, you are not purchasing this item on behalf of Anish Kapoor or an associate of Anish Kapoor. To the best of your knowledge, information and belief this paint will not make its way into the hands of Anish Kapoor.” (via The Creators Project)
- Eddie Redmayne fans, this one’s for you. The actor has thrown his hat into the ring and said that he wants to take the lead on one of the BBC’s most iconic television shows: Doctor Who. (via BBC)
That’s a hecking lot of hecking stuff. What’d you see today?
Want more stories like this? Become a subscriber and support the site!
—The Mary Sue has a strict comment policy that forbids, but is not limited to, personal insults toward anyone, hate speech, and trolling.—
Have a tip we should know? [email protected]