Things We Saw Today: Beyoncé Performs in Cleveland in Support of Hillary Clinton
Jay-Z held a free concert in support of Hillary Clinton last night in Cleveland, and Beyoncé unquestionably led the group of artists with her performance of “Formation”. “I want my daughter to grow up seeing a woman leading the country. That’s why I’m with her,” the singer said. At one point, Clinton met the two backstage, and while this photo brings me unquestionable joy it also leaves me with a question of my own: where do I get that shirt, Beyoncé?
- If you’ve been watching the first season of Netflix’s The Crown, which chronicles the coronation of Queen Elizabeth II and the early years of her rule–you should check out this interview with Doctor Who‘s Matt Smith once you’ve finished binging all ten episodes. Smith plays Elizabeth’s husband Prince Philip in the series. (via Variety)
- This new clip for Sunday’s episode of The Walking Dead reveals that Daryl has a choice to make.
- TVLine’s Performer of the Week is Jane the Virgin‘s Gina Rodriguez, and after watching the episode for myself I’m very inclined to agree. Have you been watching this season? How do you think they’ll handle the name of the show later on?
- There’s a statue of Wonder Woman that’s worth $2,000, and with good reason–it’s difficult to look at it and not wonder if this could easily replace Gal Gadot if the robots take over. (via io9)
- This Princess Jasmine Halloween costume by Olayinka Mia Noel is so good that she deserves a role in the upcoming live-action Aladdin movie. (via Fashionably Geek)
Want more stories like this? Become a subscriber and support the site!
—The Mary Sue has a strict comment policy that forbids, but is not limited to, personal insults toward anyone, hate speech, and trolling.—
Have a tip we should know? [email protected]