Things We Saw Today: Watch Neil DeGrasse Tyson and Pharrell Freak Out As David Blaine Performs His Ice Pick Trick
This might be really wrong of me, but there’s nothing more fun than watching seemingly together, serious, grown-ass adults completely freak out like babies. Said grown-ass adults in this case are Neil DeGrasse Tyson and Pharrell, along with Scott Vener who along with Pharrell hosts the show OTHERtone on Beats 1 Radio. They usually have musical guests on, but thankfully this time they had DeGrasse Tyson along with magician David Blaine, who freaked them all out with his ice pick trick. (via High Snobiety)
- A new law in California just made it harder to sell signed books and art without a Certificate of Authenticity. (via Eureka Books)
- Check out the winners of the 3rd Annual Autostraddle Comic and Sequential Art Award! Spoiler alert: they love a lot of our favorite comics, like Lumberjanes, Bitch Planet, and the work of Kate Beaton. (via Autostraddle)
- Timothy J. Seppala at Engadget has strong feelings about the PS4 slim. Mainly that you should wait for the PS4 Pro.
Michel Ancel, game designer on Ubisoft’s Beyond Good and Evil, finally posted a teaser image for the long-awaited sequel, Beyond Good and Evil 2, which you can see above. (via Polygon)
- Check out this awesome interview with GaymerX founder, Matt Conn, who talks about how simply having fun can be a revolutionary act when creating a safe space for LGBTQIA gamers. (via Inverse)
- NPR went to the trouble of transcribing and fact-checking last night’s Presidential Debate in its entirety! Whew!
That’s it from us, kids! What have you seen out there in the wilds of the Internet?
Want more stories like this? Become a subscriber and support the site!
—The Mary Sue has a strict comment policy that forbids, but is not limited to, personal insults toward anyone, hate speech, and trolling.—
Have a tip we should know? [email protected]