Things We Saw Today: The Jungle Book Gets an “Honest Trailer” and It’s, Well, Spot On
Strap on your big red diapers and settle in for some laughs.
It’s that most wonderful time of the day when an Honest Trailer pops up in the feed and this time, those clever Screen Junkies take on Jon Favreau’s live-action Jungle Book adaptation. Settle in for a case of the giggles as they drop jokes about Mowgli, a “parkour loving orphan MacGyver and Revenant-like adventure through the wilderness,” featuring a special cameo jab at Andy Serkis and his quest to star in every CGI film ever made. Honestly, it’s good.
- Is Odin okay? New set photos from Thor: Ragnarok has the Allfather looking…not very kinglike. Speaking of Thor, Pitchfork reports that Devo frontman Mark Mothersbaugh will be scoring the film. (via Heroic Hollywood)
- Attention everyone suffering from phantom vibration syndrome (the feeling that your phone is vibrating even though it’s not), Mr. Robot has your back. Night School’s new mobile game feeds that need to constantly check your phone for those ever-important push notifications. (via Polygon)
- According to Deadline, a new TV series based on the movie Departed is in development at Amazon. The 2006 Martin Scorsese feature starred Matt Damon, Leonardo DiCaprio and Jack Nicholson.
- Wikileaks just outed thousands of gay men in Saudi Arabia, placing them in danger, with their latest data dump. (via Pink News)
- William Shatner finally admits that Star Trek V: The Final Frontier was a terrible movie, but still manages to place the blame on others, despite directing. But at least he live-tweets Once Upon a Time, right? (via Comic Book Resources)
- The new Blair Witch trailer will make you both terrified and nauseated. Strap in for more snot-nosed people screaming into a shaky camera when the found-footage sequel heads to theaters on Sept. 16. (via the A.V. Club)
- For those who’ve ever wondered if Charmander is as delicious as he looks, here’s your chance to find out. Australian restaurant Down N’ Out is serving up Pokémon-themed burgers bearing his likeness, along with Pikachu and Bulbasaur. (via Geeks are Sexy)
Well, that’s it on our end. What did you all find?
(via YouTube, image via Screencap)
Want more stories like this? Become a subscriber and support the site!
—The Mary Sue has a strict comment policy that forbids, but is not limited to, personal insults toward anyone, hate speech, and trolling.—
Have a tip we should know? firstname.lastname@example.org