Things We Saw Today: Appreciate the Star Trek Beyond Cast in This Dubsmash Compilation
The Star Trek Beyond cast have made some amazing dubsmashes these last few months, and this compilation is nothing but pure joy. Even better is imagining the rest of the cast and crew watching from far as Karl Urban, John Cho, Simon Pegg, and Zachary Quinto (most of the cast appears in the compilation, but you can find the original clips on their Twitters) lip sync their hearts out with props and choreography. I can’t even pick a favorite, they’re all so good!
- I’m kind of in love with the trailer for Zoom, a live-action/animation film that seems to defy genre with an animated Gael García Bernal plot and an Alison Pill putting drugs in dolls plot. Birth.Movies.Death. describes it as a movie adaptation of that A-Ha video, which is a fantastic premise.
- Ray Fisher’s Cyborg will have a supporting role in 2018’s Flash film starring Ezra Miller. (via Blastr)
- The trailer for Drunk History, which returns September 27th, is getting me so hype.
- If you’re going to be in Islamabad, Pakistan anytime soon, this Harry Potter-themed restaurant called The Hogwarts Cafe should be on your to-do list. (via Buzzfeed)
- This piece on The Paris Review revisits Kevin Smith’s 1997 film Chasing Amy and examines its portrayal of nerd masculinity.
That’s what we saw today. What did you see?
Want more stories like this? Become a subscriber and support the site!
—The Mary Sue has a strict comment policy that forbids, but is not limited to, personal insults toward anyone, hate speech, and trolling.—
Have a tip we should know? [email protected]