Things We Saw Today: THIS IS NOT A DRILL. Live-Action Pokémon Movie Coming From Legendary
We’ve been talking about it since the spring, but it seems that now a Pokémon live-action film is actually coming, with Legendary Entertainment having won the bidding war for the rights. According to Variety, Legendary is “partnering with the Pokémon Company to launch the first live-action Pokemon film franchise with a “Detective Pikachu” movie. Legendary said details are being kept under wraps but added that the film will be fast-tracked for production to start in 2017.” Hmmm….
- Check out the first TV spot for Rogue One: A Star Wars Story, which is basically recycled bits from the first trailer whittled down to 30 seconds, but still. (via Spinoff Online)
- So, what’s Jon Stewart’s first show going to be in his four-year deal with HBO? A parody news show. But WAIT….this time it’s animated. (via The Verge)
- Love reading children’s books to your kids, but want a little techological assist? A new, voice-activated app called Campfire brings the vibe, sights, and sounds of your stories to life! (via iTunes)
Why share a fake news story of Will Smith saying he hates Jared Leto when the real stuff he has said is even funnier pic.twitter.com/JmNF6nEdWd
— Liam Dryden (@LiamDrydenEtc) August 2, 2016
Our thoughts exactly…
- Anton Yelchin’s parents, Viktor and Irina, are suing Fiat Chrysler Automobiles for wrongful death in the aftermath of their son’s untimely death caused by a defect in his 2015 Jeep Grand Cherokee. (via Deadline Hollywood)
- Kesha may have dropped her suit against Dr. Luke in California, but she continues her fight with her other lawsuit against him in New York. (via Revelist)
- Thank you, @LeonPowSRL for alerting us to the magic that is all of Nintendo Power Magazine available in an archive on the Internet.
That’s it from us, friends! What have you seen today?
—The Mary Sue has a strict comment policy that forbids, but is not limited to, personal insults toward anyone, hate speech, and trolling.—
Have a tip we should know? email@example.com