Things We Saw Today: Rogue One Reveals the First Jyn Action Figure at the “Star Wars Celebration”
— Stitch Kingdom (@stitchkingdom) July 15, 2016
“Where’s Jyn” will definitely not become a hashtag campaign following the release of Rogue One, because the Star Wars toy-making team has learned to put its heroine’s merchandise front and center this time around. Felicity Jones, who plays Jyn Erso in the movie, presented the first action figure of her character today at the Star Wars Celebration event!
- The GOP’s platform intends to overturn the Supreme Court decision regarding marriage rights, then appoint judges “who respect traditional family values.” Here’s one mom’s heart-wrenching editorial about how their supposedly pro-family views will destroy her own family.
- The planned August cover for ELLE magazine didn’t sit right with Melissa Harris-Perry. So, ELLE published her editorial unpacking the problems with one of the jokes on the cover.
- Oscar Isaac has just been tapped to join the cast of Steven Spielberg’s The Kidnapping of Edgardo Montara. (via /Film)
- Film and television writer-director Salim Akil has published a powerful open letter for his 12-year-old son about “race and fear in America.”
- Writer Margaret Atwood and artist Johnnie Christmas describe their upcoming and much-anticipated graphic novel Angel Catbird in this trailer from Dark Horse Comics:
What’d you see out there today?
—The Mary Sue has a strict comment policy that forbids, but is not limited to, personal insults toward anyone, hate speech, and trolling.—
Have a tip we should know? firstname.lastname@example.org