Things We Saw Today: Fall Out Boy and Missy Elliott Team Up For Ghostbusters Soundtrack
Fall Out Boy sent out a tweet this afternoon promoting the news that they’ll be contributing to the Ghostbusters soundtrack–along with, um, Missy freakin’ Elliot? This is delightful news on this here Thorsday, thank you and goodnight.
- A entirely new species of praying mantis has been identified, and it’s going to be named after Supreme Court Justice Ruth Bader Ginsburg. “The species’ full name, according to authors Sydney Brannoch and Dr. Gavin Svenson, is illomantis ginsburgae.” Bad. Ass. (via MSNBC)
- Queen Latifah, Jada Pinkett Smith and Regina Hall are reportedly signing on to star in a new film together–it’ll be the first time Latifah and Pinkett Smith have starred together in a film in 20 years. (via Deadline)
- Collider released a new trailer to promote the ultimate edition of Batman V Superman: Dawn of Justice–which includes never-before-seen footage from the movie including a brief cameo from Jena Malone!
- Susanne Bier, who directed the recently acclaimed miniseries The Night Manager, is reportedly on a shortlist to direct the next Bond film in the wake of Sam Mendes’s announcement that he’s leaving the franchise. She’d be the first woman to direct a James Bond movie. (via Jezebel)
- The next solo Batman movie will be an original story, but one that might borrow from the comics–according to Ben Affleck, who is going to be co-writing, directing and starring in the film. (via Comic Book Resources)
—The Mary Sue has a strict comment policy that forbids, but is not limited to, personal insults toward anyone, hate speech, and trolling.—
Have a tip we should know? firstname.lastname@example.org