Things We Saw Today: The “Happy Hour” Virus Will Let You Pretend Your PC is Broken
A computer-destroying virus can really put a damper on your workday. Unless you want to leave work early. In which case, the “Happy Hour” virus will give you a safe method for doing just that — not that we would ever advocate such an irresponsible thing. On company time! How dare — !
- Sick of reboots? Hope not, because now Betty Boop is getting one! (via /Film)
- Issa Rae of Awkward Black Girl fame has partnered with Project Greenlight Digital Studios for the New Normal Writing Contest. For all you aspiring web series creators out there, send in your pitches! Sounds like a great opportunity: “Each of the three winning writers will receive a $5,000 prize; one of the winning writer’s pitches will be selected for development.” (via IndieWire)
- Emily Blunt has joined the star-studded cast of the My Little Pony movie; she’ll be playing a new character. (via io9)
- Raina Telgemeier is dominating the NYT best-selling paperback graphic novel list at the moment:
Raina Telgemeier is literally 70 PERCENT of the NYT bestselling paperback graphic novel list right now. pic.twitter.com/IUsNrRs89Z
— Melanie Gillman (@melgillman) February 12, 2016
- The trailer for Melissa McCarthy’s new movie The Boss is decidedly not safe for work. But hey, it’s 6 PM on a Friday. TGIF, etc. (via IndieWire)
- Years ago, this student made a bet with her chemistry teacher that J.K. Rowling wouldn’t write a Harry Potter sequel. Today, Rowling officially weighed in.
- Demon In The Dark, a fan-made film about Batman and the Secret Six, got a shout-out from Gail Simone. Let’s have a watch, shall we? (via Newsarama)
See anything else good out there today? Share!
—Please make note of The Mary Sue’s general comment policy.—
Have a tip we should know? [email protected]