Things We Saw Today: Jill Valentine’s Character Model, Cosplaying as Jill Valentine
Julia Voth sure does look exactly like Jill Valentine in this cosplay — probably because she’s the professional actress and model who served as the character likeness for the Resident Evil heroine. Her calm, cool, don’t-mess-with-me glare looks pitch perfect, doesn’t it? Fans have requested that Voth do this cosplay for ages, and she’s only now gotten around to it; there are a couple more great shots on her Instagram. (via Fashionably Geek)
- Ridley Scott’s Bladerunner came out 34 years ago, so you might be pardoned for not remembering that today — January 8th, 2016 — is the day that Roy Batty, a.k.a. N6MAA10816, was incepted. Happy … birthday? (via io9)
- Crystal Reed is returning to Teen Wolf — as a new character! She’ll play a different family member of the Argent line in a flashback episode called “The Maid of Gévaudan.” That’s one clever way to allow an actor to return after their character suffers a noble, inescapable death. (via Buzzfeed)
- There’s a new teaser trailer (embedded below) for Daredevil‘s second season — and a new poster!
- Wyatt Cenac has a request for TBS, the channel hosting his upcoming series People of Earth (via Jezebel).
Really hope @TBSNetwork is committed to hiring diverse and gender balanced people of Earth to help write and produce People of Earth.
— Wyatt Cenac (@wyattcenac) January 7, 2016
- Before he became one of the most famous actors ever, thanks to The Force Awakens, John Boyega used to pose for stock photos. He used the money he earned to buy a new pair of sneakers. Right on, young John Boyega!
What fun stuff did you all find today?
—Please make note of The Mary Sue’s general comment policy.—