Things We Saw Today: Oh God, the Snyder Cut Ends on a Cliffhanger
It will never end
The release of the mythical Snyder Cut of Justice League on HBO Max is just over two weeks away. While fans are excited to finally see Snyder’s vision of Justice League rather than the widely panned movie we saw courtesy of Joss Whedon, the long Snyder saga may not be over. Because guess what: according to Zack Snyder himself, Justice League ends on a cliffhanger.
*Insert clip of Ben Affleck staring into space as “The Sound of Silence” begins to play.*
Yes, as part of a panel about the forthcoming Snyder Cut at last weekend’s online IGN Fan Fest, Snyder revealed quite clearly that the movie would leave fans wanting more. “It is a cliffhanger,” he said. “The movie ends in a massive cliffhanger, yeah.” And honestly, I know that big superhero movies love to end in ways that set up another superhero movie but … isn’t this done? Aren’t we done here? Can’t we rest?
The reshot ending is also supposed to include “a hero cameo that will blow hard-core fans’ minds,” according to Vanity Fair, and I can only assume these two things are related. Maybe it will be a hero we know and somehow this will play into the Flash movie or the DC multiverse or maybe it will just be Dick Van Dyke.
Remember though, you’ll need to wait through four hours of Justice League to find out. Or I guess you can check social media the minute after it drops because that’s the shelf life of spoilers nowadays.
(via /film, image: Warner Brothers)
Here are a few other things we saw today:
- Here’s how Netflix built an all-Native writers room for the upcoming animated series Spirit Rangers. (via Variety)
- The Golden Globe’s rating cratered, down 60% from last year. (via Deadline)
- Why Sofia Coppola can’t watch movies without female characters. (via IndieWire)
- Welcome to Bisexual Health Awareness Month.
The bi+ community has unique health disparities that your health care providers should know about to best treat you.
— Human Rights Campaign (@HRC) March 1, 2021
- Harry left the royal family because he didn’t want what happened to his mother Diana to happen to his wife Meghan. (via The Daily Beast).
- Well, the French are sending their former president to jail for corruption. Can we do that here in the US too? (via CNN)
- Speaking of a Justice League sequel, Gal Gadot is pregnant with her third child! (via Comicbook.com)
- Give us this Agatha Harkness Pop Now, please.
Coming soon: Marvel Studios’ WandaVision – Vision and Agnes Harkness. Pre-orders will be available today across a variety of retailers! #MarvelMustHaves #Funko #FunkoPop #Marvel #WandaVision #Funko #FuinkoPop #Vision #Agnes #AgathaAllAlong #AgnesTheNeighbor pic.twitter.com/fZSzlueqNT
— Funko (@OriginalFunko) March 1, 2021
What did you see today?
Want more stories like this? Become a subscriber and support the site!
—The Mary Sue has a strict comment policy that forbids, but is not limited to, personal insults toward anyone, hate speech, and trolling.—
Have a tip we should know? [email protected]