San Diego Comic-Con 2014: While You Were Sleeping, Part 3
Future tip: Be very polite to any and all Spider-Mans.
We know that reading about goings-on at Comic-Con after the fact isn’t as good as being there in person, but think of it this way: You’re at home. You’re in your pajamas. And there are no lines. Join us now as we catch up on some newsy morsels, including a new Outlander trailer, the logo for the Warcraft movie, and some tidbits about Agent Carter.
- Yes indeed, the picture above features Daniel Radcliffe cosplaying as Spidey. It’s his first year at Comic-Con, and knowing that there was no way Harry Potter could stroll around unmobbed, Radcliffe decided to hit the floor in disguise. Well played, sir.
- The Peggy Carter series that we’re all very excited about will be getting some familiar folks in the director’s chair. Joe Johnston (Captain America: The First Avenger) and Joe and Anthony Russo (Captain America: The Winter Soldier) will all be taking part in the show’s first season. (via Nerd Bastards)
- YOU ARE NOT PREPARED for the Warcraft movie motion logo. Well…okay. You’re entirely prepared. I have to admit, the two-tone Horde/Alliance thing they’ve done with the letters is kind of neat.
- In a bit of somber news, the annual ZombieWalk resulted in injury this year. Allegedly, things went down like so: A car occupied by a deaf family was stopped at an intersection as the zombies passed by. The kids in the car became scared, at which point the driver tried to move forward. The police say that several people then began attacking the car, and smashed the windshield. The driver then tried to get away from the crowd, and accidentally struck a 64-year-old woman. She was hospitalized with a possible broken arm. The investigation into this incident is ongoing, and they’re still determining whether the involved parties outside of the car were participants or spectators. (via Deadline, by way of The Escapist)
- Stock up on Kleenex and comfort food: Telltale Games has confirmed that The Walking Dead will return for a third season. The game’s slated for 2015. There was no comment as to whether or not Clementine would be returning. (via Digital Spy)
- And finally, we’ve got our first full-length trailer for the TV adaptation of Outlander, the book that provided teenage me with a better sex education than my ninth grade health class.