Back in 2015, I saw Mad Max: Fury Road in theaters. It was nothing like I’d expected. I hadn’t seen the other Mad Max films and I was mostly there for thirst reasons. I can very clearly remember being confused about how the movie was shot and what was going on, but then getting so hooked. It was loud, it was beautiful, it was fierce. I trusted it to take me on a wild ride and it did.
Kyle Buchanan for The New York Times sat down with twenty people involved with the creation of this iconic piece of media, including Tom Hardy, Charlize Theron, and of course director George Miller. It’s a great read because the Fury Road was so influential and is still a movie I think of when it comes to the depiction of sexual violence, powerful women, and just great action scenes. Definitely worth your time.
(via The New York Times, image: Warner Bros. Pictures)
- Hamilton is going to be landing on Disney+ really quickly, but there is a bigger reason as to why this is happening now. (via THR)
- Reviews are starting to come out for Hulu’s The Great and people are really liking it, especially stars Nicholas Hoult and Elle Fanning. (via Rolling Stone)
Broadway star Nick Cordero has awoken from his coma. His wife Amanda Kloots shared on Instagram: “This is a long road, a very long road. We are on our way.”https://t.co/qddxUJXuQ0
— The Hollywood Reporter (@THR) May 12, 2020
- Anne Hathaway talked about director Garry Marshall, who gave Hathaway her big break with The Princess Diaries at 18. (via Vulture)
- Joss Whedon’s Angel may not often be as lauded overall as Buffy but it holds a special place in pop culture. (via Vox)
- Reese Witherspoon is coming back to romantic comedies on the big screen where she was born and raised. As much as I love dark WASP Reese, I also love cute in love Reese too. (via Vanity Fair)
What did you see out there today?
Want more stories like this? Become a subscriber and support the site!
—The Mary Sue has a strict comment policy that forbids, but is not limited to, personal insults toward anyone, hate speech, and trolling.—
Have a tip we should know? [email protected]