The Mary Sue Is Hiring!
The Mary Sue is searching for an uber-talented editor to join our team! We’re looking for a journalist/blogger who gets what we do and has significant knowledge of, and passion for, pop-culture, science, comic books/movies, technology, weird internet memes, social issues, and more! You’ll be tasked with helping to determine which stories we should cover, culling news from around the web and putting your personal take on it, and coming up with new original content—from written features to video content to the new podcast we have in development.
We need someone who is local to our office in New York City so they can help host videos and podcast content at our recording studio on-site.
What are the qualities and experiences we’re looking for?
- A desire to share your thoughtful opinions with the world! The Mary Sue truly is what its writers make it.
- A strong social media footprint and/or presence in online fandom and communities.
- Familiarity with WordPress and social media channels (mostly Facebook and Twitter, but Tumblr and SnapChat are great, too!)
- Someone who’s proud to be called a geek.
- A multi-tasker who can consume a large amount of information in a short time.
- Podcasting and/or video hosting experience is a plus.
- Bonus points if you’re already part of The Mary Sue community!
What do we want in your application sent to [email protected]?
- The subject line of your email must read: “TMS Editor 2016.”
- A brief cover letter as the BODY of your email.
- Your resume/CV (as an attachment) or LinkedIn profile (pick one).
- At least two links to samples of your writing. Preferably include at least one personal or “opinion” piece.
- Link(s) to your personal website/blog or podcasts/videos and any public social media accounts if applicable.
—The Mary Sue has a strict comment policy that forbids, but is not limited to, personal insults toward anyone, hate speech, and trolling.—
Follow The Mary Sue on Twitter, Facebook, Tumblr, Pinterest, & Google+.
Have a tip we should know? [email protected]