New year, new iZombie! And this week’s episode, “Method Head,” was the perfectly geeky way to kick off a new slew of episodes, wasn’t it? I mean, it saw Liv getting to geek out over fictional series Zombie High in the same way we geek out about iZombie every single week!
Anyway, I’m getting ahead of myself. Get your hot sauce and your chop sticks and let’s chow down on every part of “Method Head,” shall we?
- Did you hear the news that iZombie’s chances for renewal are pretty damn good? And also that
Veronica MarsKristen Bell is going to be on the show? Let’s just take a moment to revel in all this goodness and please talk about this and the fact that Enrico Colantoni (a.k.a. Keith Mars) is coming on the show too!
- “Beard color: white as snow.” “Yes, Olivia, there is a Santa Claus … brain.” So what if this kinda sorta Christmas episode aired in January? With a Ravi quips like that to start us off, we got in the festive spirit again real fast!
- Who else was into the time jumps at the start? At first I was like, “Ugh. This is a lame, overdone gimmick.” But then it really made the episode move forward nicely and also it gave us a look into what went down with Liv and the crew over the break instead pretending it didn’t happen at all.
- “It’s not supposed to be a documentary on zombie biology! It’s about love and friendship and what happens when a group of kids face the biggest exam of all: survival!”
- Can we talk about how great the Zombie High plotline, which gave us the second murder of the episode and some prime Liv/Clive time, was?! Also, how much you want to watch Zombie High with Liv this weekend while eating some cheese puffs?
- “A major Major problem, or a minor Major problem?” DAMN. They’re doing the Major joke thing now too! #MajorDrama
- “You know what would be fun? A zombie show where the zombie is the star.” Such an easy, but perfect joke. And Clive’s “that would be dumb” reaction!
- You need proof that Rose McIver is a great actress? Just rewatch this episode. A masterclass in acting like a zombie woman while acting like a human girl while being a human woman.
- Ravi’s excitement about “another Power Rangers movie” is my excitement about “another Power Rangers movie.” It’s also my excitement when they refer to old school zombies as “Romeros.”
- I’m not gonna lie. I wasn’t impressed by the whole sex tape sideplot at first because it just seems so overdone. That’s why I liked the twist in which that Zombie High lead was caught making fun of a deaf actor post-coitus and THAT’S the reason she would be upset about the tape getting out. People that are going to talk like that, whether in public or private, deserve to be exposed and taken to task, IMHO.
- Four words: Vaughn doing the robot. (P.S. – That Max Rager biz is heating up, huh?)
- Three more words: Clive wearing sunglasses.
- Four more words: Liv rocking plain glasses? (Seriously, this girl is jacking my style and it’s freaking me right out. Also, did I miss something, or when did she get these bad boys? Do zombies still need glasses? Am I asking too many questions?!)
- I know it was in character, but I could have done without Vaughn slapping his butt. Just personally.
- How quickly did they brush off the whole Liv/Major break-up in the first few minutes? I get that there were bigger issues at hand, but still.
- BLAINE, YOU IN DANGER, GIRL!
iZombie airs Tuesdays at 9 p.m. ET/PT on The CW. Canadians can catch it on Shomi.
(images via The CW)
Emily Gagne (@emilygagne) is one of the founding members of Cinefilles, a site for wannabe female film and TV critics, as well as an admitted heroine addict. She may not have super strength, or be able to make a stake on command, but she can slay you with her rhetorical devices, endless knowledge of Final Girls, and passion for geek girl scoop.
—Please make note of The Mary Sue’s general comment policy.—
Have a tip we should know? [email protected]