Microsoft has shared that the latest installment in their hit series Halo will be delayed until 2021, due to everything happening because of the pandemic.
Halo Infinite Development Update pic.twitter.com/TFZvXhRN9f
— Halo (@Halo) August 11, 2020
The statement from Chris Lee, studio head for Halo Infinite, reads as follows:
“We have made the difficult decision to shift our release to 2021 to ensure the team has adequate time to deliver a Halo game experience that meets our vision, The decision to shift our release is the result of multiple factors that have contributed to development challenges, including the ongoing COVID-related impacts affecting us all this year. I want to acknowledge the hard work from our team at 343 Industries, who have remained committed to making a great game and finding solutions to development challenges. However, it is not sustainable for the well-being of our team or the overall success of the game to ship it this holiday.”
I think that just like in any industry, people matter more than the product. Yes, it is a bummer to wait for a new game, but I’d rather support a game that supports its employees. Better to wait for something really excellent than to rush for mediocrity.
(via The Verge, image: 343 Industries)
- Kelly Ripa & Mark Consuelos to produce Silvia Moreno-Garcia’s bestselling horror-thriller novel, Mexican Gothic. (via Deadline)
- In the six days that Cherokee County schools have been in session, they have had to put 826 students to quarantine. (via AJC)
- Mulan may be coming out on VOD for us in the states, but it will be playing in Chinese theaters although the date has not been set yet. (via Comicbook)
- Uber and Lyft are now legally required to stop calling their employees “independent contractors.” (via HuffPo)
#MapleworthMurdersMondays have arrived!!
— Quibi (@Quibi) August 10, 2020
- Rocky Horror Picture Show ended up being a perfect quartine movie. (via SyFy)
If anyone is wondering what it was like to be on The Office, the best comedy of this century: I just posted something on Instagram about how my dog was murdered and a bunch of people were like “Fuck you, Cathy, she deserved it!” So. There ya go!
— Lindsey Broad (@LindseyBroad) August 7, 2020
What did you see today?
Want more stories like this? Become a subscriber and support the site!
—The Mary Sue has a strict comment policy that forbids, but is not limited to, personal insults toward anyone, hate speech, and trolling.—
Have a tip we should know? email@example.com