Giveaway: Celebrate Beauty and the Beast‘s 25th Anniversary by Entering to Win
Be our guest and enter!
This is the 25th Anniversary year of the modern Disney classic, Beauty and the Beast! To celebrate, Disney is releasing a 25th Anniversary edition of the film on Digital HD, DVD, and Blu-ray, featuring three versions of the film, and a slew of awesome extras, and you can win a copy of your very own!
1991’s Beauty and the Beast provided in Belle a Disney Princess who was not only a misfit in her own right, but someone who was capable of loving the weirdness in others. A “tale as old as time,” coupled with gorgeous animation, beautiful music by Howard Ashman and Alan Menken, and awesome vocal performances made the film so wonderful that it became the first animated film in history to be nominated for a Best Picture Oscar at the Academy Awards, and the first to win the Golden Globe Award for Best Motion Picture – Musical or Comedy.
Thanks to the Walt Disney Company, TMS has a copy of the new 25th Anniversary Edition of the film to give away, which includes Blu-ray, DVD, and Digital HD formats. It also includes three different versions of the film. The Blu-ray release includes the original theatrical film; an extended version with the “Human Again” song sequence and a never-before-released on home entertainment sing-along version.
It also includes the following bonus features:
- Menken & Friends: 25 Years of Musical Inspiration – Get a front-row seat for an intimate discussion between legendary music composers from classic and future Disney films, including Alan Menken (Beauty and the Beast, Aladdin), Stephen Schwartz (The Hunchback of Notre Dame, Pocahontas), Kristen Anderson-Lopez (Frozen, Disney’s upcoming Gigantic), Robert Lopez (Frozen, Disney’s upcoming Gigantic) and Lin-Manuel Miranda (Disney’s upcoming Moana). Discover how the composers are personally connected, how they first experienced Beauty and the Beast and how they find inspiration for their own films. And watch as they pay tribute to the film’s award-winning music score and the man who has inspired them all—Alan Menken.
- #1074: Walt, Fairy Tales & Beauty and the Beast – Long before Beauty and the Beast became the instant classic we know and love, Walt Disney made two attempts—between the 1930s and 1950s—to adapt the famous fairy tale into an animated film. Discover what Walt and his team was dreaming up through Walt’s actual voice recordings, archived artwork, story notes, and learn why the project was sidelined for decades.
- Always Belle – The original voice of Belle, Paige O’Hara, reminisces about earning the role of the beautiful bookworm in Beauty and the Beast and recalls how the iconic character changed her life and continues to inspire fans both young and old.
- The Recording Sessions – Go in the recording booth with the cast of Beauty and the Beast and see what went into adding voices to the characters and the lines we know and love.
- 25 Fun Facts About Beauty and the Beast – Disney Channel’s Gus Kamp and Kayla Maisonet host this entertaining countdown featuring little-known fun facts, anecdotes and hidden Easter Eggs (references to Disney animated films and characters) from one of the most cherished animated films of all time.
- Beauty and The Beast Sneak Peek – An exciting first look into the live-action re-telling of Beauty and the Beast, which refashions the classic characters from the tale as old as time for a contemporary audience, staying true to the original music while updating the score with several new songs.
Beauty and the Beast already joined the Walt Disney Signature Collection on Sept. 6 on Digital HD and Disney Movies Anywhere, and arrives on Sept. 20 on Blu-ray and DVD.
All you have to do to enter to win your copy is be sure you’re following us on Twitter (so we can DM you if you win!) and tweet the following in its entirety with no alterations:
I’m entering @TheMarySue’s #BeautyAndTheBeast anniversary Blu-ray giveaway to celebrate that #BelleTurns25 https://www.themarysue.com/giveaway-beauty-and-the-beast-25
This giveaway is limited to people in the US only. You have until this Friday, September 16th at NOON EST to enter, and we will alert our winner then. Good luck!
(image via Walt Disney Company)
Want more stories like this? Become a subscriber and support the site!
—The Mary Sue has a strict comment policy that forbids, but is not limited to, personal insults toward anyone, hate speech, and trolling.—
Have a tip we should know? [email protected]