Fall Looks a Little Bleaker Thanks to These Black Mirror Episode Titles and Credits
If after watching this latest season of BoJack Horseman you find yourself in need of more existential bleakness, then worry not, my nihilistic friend. Black Mirror will be returning to Netflix October 21st. While we don’t know a whole lot about this upcoming season (the mystery is part of what makes it all so fun, isn’t it), we do have a list of episode titles and credits fresh from the Television Film Critics’ Association press tour.
- “San Junipero” – starring Gugu Mbatha-Raw and Mackenzie Davis, directed by Owen Harris
- “Shut Up And Dance” – starring Jerome Flynn and Alex Lawther, directed by James Watkins
- “Nosedive” – starring Bryce Dallas Howard, Alice Eve and James Norton, directed by Joe Wright
- “Men Against Fire” – starring Michael Kelly, Malachi Kirby and Madeline Brewer, directed by Jakob Verbruggen
- “Hated in the Nation” – starring Kelly MacDonald, directed by James Hawes
- “Playtest” – starring Wyatt Russell and Hannah John-Kamen, directed by Dan Trachtenberg.
Of particular note is “Nosedive,” which is written by Rashida Jones and Michael Schur, who were both writers for NBC’s Parks and Recreation. That episode is said to be a “social satire about identity in the social media age,” which, since it’s written by Jones and Schur, should be pretty darn good.
This fall is looking pretty bleak, and that seems totally okay by me.
—The Mary Sue has a strict comment policy that forbids, but is not limited to, personal insults toward anyone, hate speech, and trolling.—
Have a tip we should know? firstname.lastname@example.org