The Infinity War Trailer Has Landed, and It. Is. Ominous.
The trailer for Avengers: Infinity War has landed! Marvel teased its premiere yesterday, with a cut of ecstatic, anxious, and shocked fan trailer reaction videos. And now it’s here, and it looks ominous.
“In time,” Thanos warns, “You will know what it’s like to lose, to feel so desperately that you’re right, yet to fail all the same. Dread it. Run from it. Destiny still arrives.”
The trailer seems to suggest that our heroes will be separated in different locations across the universe, with a cosmic contingent (Thor, the Guardians, and Iron Man), a New York contingent (Dr. Strange, Spider-Man), and a Wakanda contingent (Black Panther, Cap, Hulk, Bucky, Black Widow, Falcon). This roughly mirrors the promotional posters we’ve seen
There’s just so much to break down here! But, briefly, the bullet points:
- Cap’s beard, alive and well
- Bruce Banner, still the opposite of lively and well
- The saddest Tony Stark
- Spider-Man’s new suit
- Scarlet Witch and Vision: A Thing, I Guess
- T’Challa ordering a vibranium shield for Cap
- If Thanos hurts Wakanda, I will fight him
- Loki handing over the Tesseract, presumably to Thanos
- Thanos donning the Infinity Gauntlet (not the fake one from Asgard)
- Falcon raining fire from the sky
- Bucky going full KGB with the gun selection
- Stucky, reunited to save the world
- Thor and the Guardians, meeting at last
- Where has all the red gone from the redheads’ hair?
- Why no Valkyrie, cruel gods?
Directed by Anthony and Joe Russo from a script by Captain America: Civil War scribes Christopher Markus and Stephen McFeely, Avengers: Infinity War stars basically everyone under the sun, including Dave Bautista, Paul Bettany, Josh Brolin, Don Cheadle, Bradley Cooper, Benedict Cumberbatch, Vin Diesel, Robert Downey Jr., Chris Evans, Chris Hemsworth, Tom Hiddleston, Tom Holland, Samuel L. Jackson, Scarlett Johansson, Anthony Mackie, Elizabeth Olsen, Chris Pratt, Jeremy Renner, Paul Rudd, Mark Ruffalo, Zoe Saldana, and Sebastian Stan.
Avengers: Infinity War opens May 4, 2018.
(Via Collider; image via YouTube thumbnail)
Want more stories like this? Become a subscriber and support the site!
—The Mary Sue has a strict comment policy that forbids, but is not limited to, personal insults toward anyone, hate speech, and trolling.—