Things We Saw Today: Terminally Ill Marvel Fan Hears Back About Avengers: Endgame Early Screening
Let him see the Avengers!
A post on Reddit went viral as one Marvel fan asked others to help him reach out to the entertainment juggernaut in hopes of getting an advanced screening of Avengers: Endgame. The user, Alexander, isn’t sure he is going to survive until the release of the film. He suffers from a rare disease known as Fanconi anemia, which is defined as “an inherited DNA-repair disease that may lead to bone marrow failure (aplastic anemia), leukemia, and/or solid tumors.”
It can be hard to get in contact with Marvel and the powers that be, but this is one case where the Internet is using its power for good. We’re thrilled to hear that Disney seems to have heard about Alexander’s campaign.
Disney have reached out and we’re discussing options. Thank you all so much. This is everything I could have hoped for!
Please consider donating to Fanconi Anemia research: https://t.co/ErEBXW3Nxd
— alexander_q (@alexand63802267) January 10, 2019
Alexander’s requests are for an early screening of Endgame, and, if he could, the eighth season of Game of Thrones.
That’s my next campaign. I’m gonna seem so greedy
— alexander_q (@alexand63802267) January 6, 2019
According to Alexander, Disney/Marvel has now reached out to him and they’re working with him on options. We hope that Alexander gets to see everything he wants to. He deserves it and hopefully, he’ll have the chance to see who finally gets to take the Iron Throne as well as who wins in Endgame.
(via Comic Book; image: Marvel Entertainment)
- Brie Larson brings out the superhero inside with this lovely look. (via GoFugYourself)
- Jordan Peele is an immensely busy man these days and honestly, we’re here for everything he’s giving us. (via Pajiba)
- There’s going to be a Breaking Bad game where you will run your own empire. (via Variety)
- The screenwriter of Green Book won’t be attending the Critics Choice Awards. (via The Hollywood Reporter)
- Christina Aguilera defends Lady Gaga with pictures of them singing together. (via Twitter)
It’s Friday! What did you see today?
Want more stories like this? Become a subscriber and support the site!
—The Mary Sue has a strict comment policy that forbids, but is not limited to, personal insults toward anyone, hate speech, and trolling.—
Have a tip we should know? [email protected]