Things We Saw Today: We’re in the Endgame Now
If you were lucky enough to score a Thursday night ticket, you could be on your way to Avengers: Endgame right now.
If you’re not in the US, chances are you may have already seen the movie, but still have to play along with the rest of us and smile benevolently at your American friends’ excitement.
It’s also the day that Doctor Strange is finally proven correct after sitting through 14,000,605 possible futures, which is only a bit longer than Endgame’s ultimate runtime.
In New York City, there was such an immediate run on tickets that I’m not bound to see Endgame again until Friday night at 11pm (RIP sleep). But many folks across the US and the world will be packing into theaters tonight. Whether or not you’re a Marvel fan, this is a day in movie-making history, and I wonder when we’ll see an event of such build-up and resulting magnitude of global box office again.
Are you headed to Endgame tonight or this weekend? What’re your plans? And if you’re just completely done with Endgame already, what’s you’re counter-programming strategy? I’ll be bingeing on episodes of Schitt’s Creek tonight to try and think about something unrelated to superheroes for, uh, roughly seven to nine hours.
There are other things happening in the world! Important things! Here are some other things we saw today:
- A nonbinary Magic: The Gathering player replaced a pro accused of harassment in Wizards of the Coast’ esports league. (via Kotaku)
- Your weird uncle who was also President Obama’s BFF announced his bid for President. Thank god, I don’t think we had enough old white men in the running. (via BBC News)
— Amy Fiscus (@amyfiscus) April 25, 2019
This is how Joe Biden treated Anita Hill. pic.twitter.com/brKxNZ2FD8
— VICE News (@vicenews) April 25, 2019
- Double meanwhile, Elizabeth Warren keeps kicking policy ass and taking names. (via CNN)
- Triple meanwhile, “If Only We Valued Women Politicians Like We Admire the Hardcore Heroines of ‘Game of Thrones'” (via Rewire)
- Trump is apparently mad that he’s losing Twitter followers because that’s the kind of thing he thinks about. (via Yahoo News)
Who is Mrs. Mysterio? pic.twitter.com/4AofKLrsxP
— Phoni Stark (@Steph_I_Will) April 25, 2019
- New pictures from Disney’s live-action The Lion King. (via Comicbook)
- Love is real!!! A Captain America cosplayer proposed to his lady-love, a Peggy Carter cosplayer, at the Endgame premiere. This is the only good thing to happen in 2019. (via HuffPo)
What did you see today?
(images: Marvel Studios)
Want more stories like this? Become a subscriber and support the site!
—The Mary Sue has a strict comment policy that forbids, but is not limited to, personal insults toward anyone, hate speech, and trolling.—
Have a tip we should know? [email protected]