Adam Kinzinger Draws Comparisons Between Trump and Obama as the Former Announces Huge Payout for His Allies
Speaking the truth is a dangerous virtue

Former United States Representative Adam Kinzinger has always been a strong critic of Donald Trump. Over the years, especially during Trump’s second term as president of the United States, Kinzinger has repeatedly taken aim at him, calling him out for his misdeeds.
Continuing his weekly tradition, Adam Kinzinger is berating Donald Trump again. In an approximately 2-minute video he uploaded to his X (formerly Twitter) account on May 18, 2026, Kinizinger notes that Donald Trump is setting up a board of people and giving them the power to choose people among the January 6 insurrectionists and 2020 election result deniers, whom he would like to distribute an amount of almost 2 billion. He highlights how ridiculous the act is and remarks that if it had been for any other president, like, for example, Barack Obama, people wouldn’t have let it pass that easily, especially those leaning MAGA.
Adam Kinzinger unleashes on Trump and the Republican Party
As previously mentioned, on May 18, 2026, Adam Kinzinger, who has been a frequent critic of Donald Trump, posted a video to his X account. In it, he spoke about the absurdity of Trump honoring the January 6 rioters and election deniers by giving them 1.8 billion dollars as a token of appreciation for their services (well, he didn’t say that, he said these people were victims of “weaponization and lawfare.”)
He highlighted how Trump using taxpayer money to do something like this should not sit well with people, including his followers and supporters of the Republican Party, and urged people to see things as they were without their judgment being clouded by favoritism. He also mentioned that it had been for anyone else, such as Barack Obama, who suddenly thought to reward his supporters for taking radical actions in his name, then the people supporting Trump or the Republican Party would have reacted very differently.
What do the people potentially getting the payout have to say about this?
The Trump supporters who will largely benefit from this approximately $ 2 billion payout are elated by the news, and so are the people who were vouching for them. An article published by Reuters on May 21, 2026, highlights what some of these people are saying following its release.
Henry “Enrique” Tarrio, chairman of a neo-fascist group involved in political violence in the U.S. called the Proud Boys was sentenced to 22 years for seditious conspiracy related to the January 6 riots. Reuters reported that he commented on the payout, saying, “I’m not greedy. But my life was all fuc*ed up because of this.” Peter Ticktin, who represents more than 400 January 6 defendants, mentioned that $1.8 billion could still be inadequate. “People lost multi-million dollar businesses while incarcerated. I don’t believe the DOJ is prepared for us yet,” he said.
(featured image: YouTube/Adam Kinzinger)
Have a tip we should know? [email protected]