Things We Saw Today: Abbi Jacobson Plays Gloria Steinem on the Latest Drunk History
A young, feminist writer named Gloria Steinem shot to prominence thanks in large part to an exposé she wrote for Show Magazine called “A Bunny’s Tale,” in which she infiltrated Hugh Hefner’s infamous Playboy Club to find out how the bunnies were treated. Spoiler alert: not well. Drunk History captures Steinem’s time undercover as a Playboy bunny.
Broad City‘s Abbi Jacobson plays Steinem, with Unbreakable Kimmy Schmidt‘s Jane Krakowski in the role of the Playboy “bunny mother,” Sheralee. The tale is hilariously told by ESPN host and comedian Katie Nolan, who says “bullshit” a lot and is highly entertaining. You can watch the whole segment above! (via Vanity Fair)
- Jay Asher, author of the hit YA novel Thirteen Reasons Why, was booted from a YA writers’ group … for allegations of sexual harassment. Great. (via Buzzfeed)
- The Duplass Brothers, a.k.a. those funny dudes who are seemingly everywhere doing everything, have a memoir coming out. (via Paste Magazine)
- Here’s the latest hot Star Wars rumor. George Lucas is reportedly helping to scout locations … for an Obi-Wan Kenobi movie. (via SyFy Wire)
- Mary J. Blige is the latest cast addition to the upcoming live-action TV adaptation of The Umbrella Academy! (via The Fader)
- Remember that “lost” Harry Potter chapter written by a bot? Here it is in animated form. (via io9)
What have you seen out there? Tell us below!
(featured image: screencap/Comedy Central)
Want more stories like this? Become a subscriber and support the site!
—The Mary Sue has a strict comment policy that forbids, but is not limited to, personal insults toward anyone, hate speech, and trolling.—
Have a tip we should know? email@example.com