Because teenagerdom is a mess, but some people handle it better than others.
Things We Saw Today: TARDIS Lockers That Might Get You Out Of Homework
by Jill Pantozzi | 5:01 pm, April 17th, 2012
Just think of the possibilities. Teacher: Sally, where’s your homework. Sally: I think it’s somewhere behind the pool, probably lost forever. But if I find it, I’ll hand it in last week. (via Nerd Approved)
- Hey, remember when Rick Santorum dropped out of the Presidential race? Well some actresses, namely Ashley Judd and Michelle Trachtenberg, have put together a video letting him know he actually needed to wait 72 hours before he could make that decision. You know, that sounds like a familiar rule… (via The Frisky)
- Another interesting piece on The Frisky today, Willy Wonka’s lickable wallpaper is now a real thing. And just as gross as you’d imagine.
- Charlie Jane Anders put together a wonderful list on io9 titled: 10 Ways Self-Hating Fans Make Genre Entertainment Worse. You should read it.
Would you be interested in reading a genderswapped Archie comic? Well now’s your chance. Archie #636 has a story by Tania del Rio, art by Gisele and Rich Koslowski, where the characters live in Reversedale! Read more on the Archie website. (via Buzzfeed)
- We brought you the story of the in-progress auction for the original check publisher and accountant Jack Liebowitz used to pay Jerry Siegel and Joe Shuster for the rights to Superman back in 1939 for a mere $130. The auction has ended. The check just sold for $160,000.
- Writer Joe Hill (Locke & Key) wonders whether internet memes can be considered art.
- Lauren Davis at Comics Alliance wonders if it isn’t time the Eisner Awards expanded their digital comics category.
What is going on in this Star Trek 2 set photo? We’re not sure and we’re not sure we care, it made us LOL. Thank you for your continuing service, Zachary Quinto, and we hope many a meme come out of this photo. (via MTV)
- Related: Five Star Trek captains will be in one location together this October. William Shatner (Captain Kirk), Sir Patrick Stewart (Captain Picard), Avery Brooks (Commander Sisko), Kate Mulgrew (Captain Janeway) and Scott Bakula (Captain Archer) will all attend the Destination Star Trek London convention. Wouldn’t it be amazing if this were part of the plan for Doctor Who’s 50th Anniversary episode? (via Yahoo)
- Someone asked Geek Feminist their advice for nurturing a girl scientist. Care to chime in?
- How about this? Amy Heckerling (you know, the director of Fast Times at Ridgemont High and Clueless) is doing a new movie called Vamps starring…Alicia Silverstone, Krysten Ritter, Wallace Shawn, and Sigourney Weaver. TAKE MY MONEY. (via Deadline)
- Is This Melissa Gorga's Music Photoshoot?
- Game of Thrones Revealed: Behind The Scenes with Natalie Dormer
- 5 Movies That Ended Up Being Totally Different Than We Expected
- 5 Actors Who Play the Same Role in Every Movie