There historical female military leaders are here to kick butt and chew bubble gum, and they're all out of bubble gum.
Things We Saw Today: Game Of Thrones’ Wall On The Floor
by Jill Pantozzi | 4:59 pm, February 18th, 2014
This, incredibly, is a flat painting on the ground in London. Joe Hill, founder of 3D Joe and Max, said, “We were delighted to be approached by HBO to commission this artwork – we knew we had to do something really special to match the sheer scale of this phenomenal TV show that has swept the globe. That’s why The Wall in 3D works from more than one angle – making it a first in the 3D art world.” (via WinterIsComing)
- Do Not Want: Fifty Shades Of Grey Teddy Bear (via The Frisky)
- We’re super bummed to report Gail Simone’s The Movement has been canceled by DC Comics. She had a few things to say about it on her tumblr.
- Kevin Smith was recently asked on Facebook who he thought should get their own DC film after Superman and Batman. His answer, “I think a Wonder Woman movie could make a fortune and be a real breakthrough for the comic book movie,” replied Smith. “Girls and women like fantasy too, and they also have disposable income. Why there’s not a Wonder Woman or Black Widow solo movie already is baffling. IF YOU BUILD IT, SHE WILL COME…” (via ComicBook.com)
DeviantArt user supernovadobe writes, “So this was the full group of Disney Prince and Princesses that was put together for Fanime 2013. I personally wasn’t ready to be a Disney princess, due to some personal issues with femininity and opted instead to do a historically accurate version of Prince Ferdinand.” Love it.
- She Finally Agreed! Sigourney Weaver Says Yes to Alien Figures (via ToplessRobot)
- Once Upon a Time Exclusive: Glinda Has Been Cast (via TV Line)
- Inside the Mind Behind the Brilliant New Last of Us DLC (via Wired)
I got very excited last night after seeing our new Jim Gordon tweet a picture of Greg Rucka’s Gotham Central. Thanks to The Beat for sharing my enthusiasm.