There historical female military leaders are here to kick butt and chew bubble gum, and they're all out of bubble gum.
Things We Saw Today: Super Mario Converse
by Jill Pantozzi | 5:01 pm, February 14th, 2012
Converse Japan is planning another Super Mario Bros. collection. We approve and will collect as many stars as it takes to own them. (via Geek Sugar) Hit the jump for loads of other stuff we saw today!
- “Two women who met as college students in Alaska and two men who met at a nightclub in Manhattan became the first same-sex couples Tuesday to be married at the Empire State Building,” reports STL Today.
- 12 Ways To Give Your Heart on Mental Floss features anatomically correct (mostly) hearts including heart cupcakes, chocolate and stuffed creations.
- Oprah.com has named Craig Thompson’s Blankets graphic novel as one of the 8 Greatest Love Stories of All Time. (via Top Shelf Comix)
Inner Message Rings by Korean designer Yoon Jun Gyun, leave patterns or inscriptions on the wearers finger with custom reliefs. It looks like it may be uncomfortable but it’s a neat idea.
- Stan Lee Media (which operates independently of its namesake) lost their fight over Conan the Barbarian rights. (via Robot 6)
- Renowned comic artist John Severin passed away Sunday at the age of 90. He was well known for his Western comics work as well as working on the Punisher and B.P.R.D. more recently. (via The Beat)
WeLoveFine has a new line of Marvel bags featuring the Phoenix symbol, Nightcrawler’s face, the Xavier School logo and more!
- Cool geek science news of the day: Israeli scientists are attempting to create a VISOR very much like the one worn by Geordi La Forge in Star Trek: The Next Generation. (via Blastr)
- Marvel is creating an all-ages comic book line to coincide with their new Marvel animation on Disney XD. Expect to see The Avengers: Earth’s Mightiest Heroes Adventures and Ultimate Spider-Man Adventures titles in April. (via Newsarama)
And lastly today, this is what it might be like if Batman had a REALLY small brain according to Martin Rebas. It kind of reminds me of what I sound like trying to come up with a snappy comeback. Head over to the Uniblog for a second page worth of awesomeness.