Things We Saw Today: Weaponized Pillow Fights
by Jill Pantozzi | 5:08 pm, February 2nd, 2012
These are pillows in the shape of deadly weapons. Pillow fighting just got interesting. Unfortunately they are just prototypes by Bryan Ku, but let’s home they get made. (via Geekologie) What else did we see today…
- Here are some people who Susana says are better than talking about the Watchmen prequels than she is, so you should see what they have to say. E.S. writes at It Sparkles and David Brothers writes at 4th Letter.
- Alyssa Rosenberg talks about superheroines talking about superheroes the way male readers talk about them. (via Think Progress)
- A sweet Facebook conversation regarding girls reading comics. (via Brett Williams)
- Speaking of things that are sweet, want a unique Valentine’s gift for your sweetie? How about getting them turned into a comic book character? Copious Productions led by Andrea Grant will do that for you for $150. “You’ll get one full-color 11″x14″ photo print of a comic page fit for framing, and reading over and over again,” plus a jpeg and guaranteed V-Day delivery if ordered by February 8. (via Thrillist)
- Back to the Future may become a Broadway musical? GREAT SCOTT! (via Deadline)
- Speaking of which, check out Lego Hill Valley 2015.
Needless to say, the Susan G. Komen for the Cure Foundation’s decision to pull funding from Planned Parenthood has people upset. Last night, hackers took over their official site and replaced part of their message. The new copy read, “help us run over poor women on our way to the bank.” Yikes. (via The Daily What)
- Lastly, tomorrow is National Wear Red Day to raise awareness of heart disease, especially in women. (via GeekMom)