There historical female military leaders are here to kick butt and chew bubble gum, and they're all out of bubble gum.
Things We Saw Today: Gina Torres is Our Big Damn Hero in Wonder Woman Fan Art
by Isabella Kapur | 5:00 pm, July 2nd, 2013
- There is such as thing as Feminist Summer Camp, and it’s open to high-schoolers in Manhattan! (via The Frisky)
- Wouldn’t it be marvelous if Marvel decided to make a Captain Marvel Movie? Rob Bricken explains why the super-powered lady needs her own film, and why Marvel could benefit from giving her one. (via I09)
- DC should give their most famous lady her own movie too, and the solution might be looking back at successful cartoon versions of Wonder Woman, or it could be Melissa McCarthy. Comics Beat has a sweet buddy-cop suggestion that just might work.
The Wolverine has 6 new character posters, five of which show us some very threatening ladies with their game faces on. (via Collider)
- The evolution of Lego minifigures from 1978 to the present is oddly captivating. I dare you to continue after learning who, in 2000, became the first figure with a molded head. Sometimes new installments in beloved 70′s institutions disappoint us.(via Gizmodo)
- “Men grow up expecting to be the hero of their own story. Women grow up expecting to be the supporting actress in somebody else’s.” Laurie Penny talks about how the Manic Pixie Dream Girl trope makes its way into real life. (via New Statesman)
- The creators of the sweded version of the Pacific Rim trailer impressed Guillermo del Toro enough with their cardboard skills that he not only wanted to get a picture with them, but invited them to the Hollywood premier.(via Reddit)
With these trusty Star Wars wedges, you can be as fashionable as Padmé and as lucky as Wedge Antilles, survivor of both Death Star attacks.(via Neatorama)