It’s October 28th already, and you don’t have a Halloween costume. But worry not, because we’ve got your back.
[Updated] The Mary Sue’s New York Comic Con Party Just Got Even Awesomer!
by Rebecca Pahle | 4:36 pm, October 8th, 2013
Remember when we told you about our New York Comic Con party, taking place this Thursday, October 10th? Well, good news. It just got better. Hit the jump for details, and please note that some things have changed since we first announced it. We’d hate for you to show up at the wrong place.
When: Thursday October 10, 2013 – 8:00-11:00 p.m.
Where: Space 10011, 524 West 19th Street, between 10th and 11th Avenues.
- We ask that you please RSVP at our Eventbrite page. Not here. At the Eventbrite page. If you don’t RSVP you can still get in, but space is limited so RSVPing is the only way you’re guaranteed entry. Don’t worry, it’s completely free. Edit: As of right now, all the tickets are spoken for. You can still show up, and if there’s space we’ll let you in. But no guarantees. There are things like fire codes.
- All ages admitted.
- We’re giving away prizes from DC Entertainment, WeLoveFine, BBC Home Entertainment, Quirk Books, Warner Bros. Home Entertainment, and more.
- Free popcorn
- Oh yeah, there’ll be an open bar…
- … featuring two exclusive Mary Sue cocktails.
- A photo station
- And last but certainly not least, the place will be filled with your fellow geeks, including all three full-time staff members of this very site!
Even if you missed out on getting tickets to the con, you should still come to the party and get your geek on. (But if you did get tickets to the con, you’re coming to our panel on Saturday afternoon, right?) Come in cosplay! Come in not-cosplay! Just please come dressed; there are public decency laws to consider.
We’re going to have a great time, you guys.