Things We Saw Today: New Lion King Character Posters Released and Yup, That’s What Lions Look Like All Right
The individual character posters for the new live-ish action The Lion King were released today and look, I know there was a lot of real artistry that goes into making such a gorgeous and detailed blend of live animals and CGI effects. But to the untrained eye–which is pretty much all of us–these posters just kinda look like … regular lions.
I’d also include Scar’s poster in that; it’s got heaps of personality.
A lot of people, though, seem to be having a tough time handling just how realistic Pumbaa up there looks. I don’t know what they expected a warthog to look like, but apparently, this ain’t it.
are we just gonna ignore how fucking terrifying pumbaa is??? is this not a children’s movie??? https://t.co/Ebm6sNQ730
— arabella (@schezrehn) May 30, 2019
i always knew Timon was a meerkat but now that i’ve seen him as an actual meerkat i’m really confused that he is in fact, a meerkat .. a small, tiny little meerkat
also WTF PUMBAA IS THE STUFF OF NIGHTMARES https://t.co/Kf9vT5HzO1
— gabriella lindley (@velvetgh0st) May 30, 2019
they should have worked on making pumbaa more cute instead of focusing so much energy on making zazu look exactly like john oliver pic.twitter.com/fggQ4jIjyP
— 🌟mad🌟 (@madxicanx) May 30, 2019
What do you all think of The Lion King’s hyperrealistic style? Bland? Terrifying? Beautiful? Let us know!
david attenborough has been out here showing us what lions look like for decades now, but go off disney, I guess https://t.co/eaWFO5OZQx
— ≠ roxanna ≠ roxanne ≠ roxy (@roxana_hadadi) May 30, 2019
- Moby has cancelled his book tour, presumably because he doesn’t want to spend the next few months being asked about nothing but his creepiness towards Natalie Portman. (via CNN)
- Planned Parenthood has declared a full-on state of emergency. (via HuffPost)
- On no! One of the incredible cats that played Church in the recent Pet Sematary remake has passed away.
View this post on Instagram
- Is Venom going to be in Spider-Man 3? I like this rumor! (via LRM)
- Hillary and Chelsea Clinton are forming a production company and I can’t wait to watch every single show and movie they produce. (via Bloomberg)
- Monuments to Marsha P. Johnson and Sylvia Rivera are being built in Greenwich Village to commemorate their role in the Stonewall uprising and the Pride celebrations that came out of those riots. It’s about time. (via Jezebel)
- Speaking of Pride, this is an older article but it’s been making the rounds again, and for good reason. Cis/straight folks, here are some things to make sure you understand before attending your local parade or other festivities. (via Matador Network)
What did you all see out there today?
Want more stories like this? Become a subscriber and support the site!
—The Mary Sue has a strict comment policy that forbids, but is not limited to, personal insults toward anyone, hate speech, and trolling.—
Have a tip we should know? [email protected]