Things We Saw Today: The Disney Princesses Are Ready to Rumble in the Wreck-It Ralph 2 Trailer
Plus: She-Ra, New Gods, Helena Bonham Carter and more!
The first official trailer for Ralph Breaks the Internet: Wreck-It Ralph 2 dropped today, and it already looks like a good time. The film takes Ralph and Vanellope to the big busy world of the internet, where they get chased by Stormtroopers, pestered by a nerdy search engine, and meet Eeyore. The standout moment by far though, is when Vanellope sneaks into the Disney princess dressing room. Upon arriving, every princess brandishes a weapon against their tiny intruder; Cinderella even brandishes a smashed glass slipper. Finally, we learn what makes Vanellope a legit princess. According to Rapunzel (Mandy Moore) it’s “people assuming all your problems got solved when a big strong man shows up.” We see what you did there, Disney.
- Grab your talking unicorn and your Sword of Protection: Netflix’s She-Ra and the Princesses of Power series is coming. (via Daily Dot)
- How did Ava DuVernay land the directing gig for DC’s New Gods? She asked. (via Comic Book Resources)
- Unless you’ve got superpowers, don’t try to nail the knee-fist superhero landing pose. Your knees will thank you. (via Because Science)
- Three national civil rights organizations are suing real-life Dolores Umbridge Betsy DeVos for dismissing several discrimination complaints. (via The New York Times)
- Speaking of Harry Potter villains, Helena Bonham Carter is rumored to be playing the villain in Danny Boyle’s Bond 25. (via The Independent)
How’s your Monday going, Mary Suevians?
Want more stories like this? Become a subscriber and support the site!
—The Mary Sue has a strict comment policy that forbids, but is not limited to, personal insults toward anyone, hate speech, and trolling.—
Have a tip we should know? [email protected]