A month before Solo: A Star Wars Story hits theaters, marketing is beginning to ramp up, with star Alden Ehrenreich trying to look as Han Solo-y as possible. But our eyes are only for Donald Glover’s Lando Calrissian.
There’s a new promotional poster out in the U.K. for Solo, and I don’t hate it! It’s colorfully done, everyone pretty much looks like themselves—no airbrushing into oblivion—but, c’mon, your eye travels straight down from Ehrenreich’s careful Han coif to settle on the man in bold, blazing yellow. Yes, Donald Glover’s Lando Calrissian steals this poster just like we’re pretty sure he’s going to steal the whole damn movie.
Comicbook.com has a rundown on some of the issues that have bogged down Solo‘s production and even its marketing, and it’s worth a read if you’re curious about the film. The lack of positive buzz has contributed to many fans feeling lukewarm about the movie, but every glimpse we’ve seen of Glover has been spot-on—and we’ll sit through pretty much anything to see his young Lando in action. They should’ve just saved themselves a lot of trouble and gone with Lando: A Star Wars Story in the first place.
(via Comicbook.com, image: Disney/Lucasfilm)
- Senator Duckworth, the first sitting Senator to give birth while in office, helps make history again:
2:38pm: @SenDuckworth makes Senate history by becoming 1st Senator under new rules to bring her newborn daughter to the Senate floor during votes. Applause & warm greetings from Senators followed. She voted No on next NASA Administrator. pic.twitter.com/dT2Lv9NtYC
— Craig Caplan (@CraigCaplan) April 19, 2018
- “Scottish Castle Repairs Damage Done by ‘Very Angry Badger'”—I have never clicked a headline so quickly. (via Geek.com)
- A rumor says that X-Men: Dark Phoenix will be Fox’s last Marvel movie. (via Comicbookmovie.)
- Neopets was run by Scientologists? I think I need to go lie down. (via The Outline)
- Mary Shelley will be the subject of Genius season 3. (via Comingsoon)
- Somehow it’s already Emmy Nomination season! Who deserves to win this year? (via Go Fug Yourself)
What’d you see today, pals?
Want more stories like this? Become a subscriber and support the site!
—The Mary Sue has a strict comment policy that forbids, but is not limited to, personal insults toward anyone, hate speech, and trolling.—
Have a tip we should know? email@example.com