Things We Saw Today: Listen to Star Trek: Discovery‘s New Theme Music
Ahead of the series’ premiere on September 24, CBS has released the new main title theme music for Star Trek: Discovery – and for those of you hated Enterprise‘s theme, fear not. This one’s strictly instrumental, with Jeff Russo conducting a traditional orchestra. You can check it out above. (via Entertainment Weekly)
- As part of today’s Apple extravaganza, Apple announced their new iPhone, and it comes with “animojis” – animated emojis that map to your face and voice. Users can record animated videos of themselves as chickens, unicorns, and of course poop eomjis, so prepare yourself for fresh hell and great memes. (via Teen Vogue)
- IDW is launching Full Bleed: a hardcover, 200-page quarterly magazine about comics and culture. The content in the first issue is wide-ranging, from interviews with Neil Gaiman and Stephen King to new short fiction to historical articles. (via The Hollywood Reporter)
- HBO renewed Last Week Tonight With John Oliver for three more seasons. (via Medium)
- Star Wars: Episode IX is now scheduled for December 20, 2019, which means it’s landing only a week away from Wonder Woman 2 on December 13, 2019. Happy holidays to us all!
- Edie Windsor, who took her fight for marriage equality all the way to the Supreme Court and made history with her victory in United States v. Windsor, passed away at the age of 88 today. Rest in peace and power, Edie. You can read more about her love and her activism over at Jezebel.
- New Mutants writer/director Josh revealed what looks like the new logo on his Instagram. (via SYFY Wire)
(Featured image via CBS Television)
Want more stories like this? Become a subscriber and support the site!
—The Mary Sue has a strict comment policy that forbids, but is not limited to, personal insults toward anyone, hate speech, and trolling.—