Things We Saw Today: Watch Jodie Whittaker Perform the Doctor Who Theme Song Live for Lady Gaga
Graham Norton is known for having some fun and wacky clips, but this might be one of my absolute faves. Surrounded by an almost obnoxiously attractive group of guests, Norton asked Ryan Gosling about the use of the theremin in the Neil Armstrong biopic First Man. The theremin, of course, is the instrument used in the Doctor Who theme song. What a coincidence, I’m sure, that Jodie Whittaker happened to also be in that attractive group of guests. And that Graham Norton just happened to have a theremin on hand. (Who doesn’t?!)
So here’s a fun sentence I get to type: Please take a moment and watch Jodie Whittaker perform the Doctor Who theme song on Graham Norton’s theremin, while Lady Gaga, Ryan Gosling, and Bradley Cooper watch.
- Did you catch these Easter eggs in last night’s Good Place premiere? (via Pajiba)
- Related: Manny Jacinto (aka The Good Place’s Jason) and his jawline have joined that Top Gun reboot. (via Vulture)
- I fell off the Walking Dead train years ago, but I will always be here for more Danai Gurira. (via Go Fug Yourself)
- Deadpool 2 is getting a PG-13 cut to be re-released in theaters this December so your Christmas afternoon family trip to the movies can be like 30% less awkward. (via i09)
- Important science news that we all already knew: Toxic masculinity, more than alcohol, leads to sexual assault. (via FiveThirtyEight)
- Some nice Friday news: Frank Oz seems to have come around from his staunch “Bert and Ernie are not gay” stance. (BuzzFeed)
- Oh look, it’s the best thing on the internet:
Check out the big brain on Brett pic.twitter.com/3nH4hxENzI
— oscarboyson (@ohboyson) September 28, 2018
Happy Friday! You’ve earned it.
Want more stories like this? Become a subscriber and support the site!
—The Mary Sue has a strict comment policy that forbids, but is not limited to, personal insults toward anyone, hate speech, and trolling.—
Have a tip we should know? firstname.lastname@example.org