Things We Saw Today: A Deleted Captain Marvel Scene Gives Us a Glimpse of the Kree Training Academy
Captain Marvel is coming to digital download May 28th, and the Blu-ray will be close behind on June 11th, with six deleted scenes and a whole slew of bonus featurettes and behind-the-scenes content. One of those deleted scenes, titled “Star Force Recruits” was just released early online. In it, we see Jude Law’s Yon-Rogg training a class of young Kree students.
As i09 notes, the scene is solid but it’s pretty obvious why it was cut from the final film. It covers a lot of material we get elsewhere in the movie–Skrull’s shapeshifting abilities, Vers’ implant, and the different, personalized forms taken by the Supreme Intelligence. There’s really no new information in the scene at all (making me wonder if it was shot specifically to end up as bonus material), but it’s a cool scene nonetheless. And we’ll never say no to more Carol content!
Watch the deleted scene above and i09 has descriptions of the other five deleted scenes you’ll get on Blu-ray, as well as other features.
- Tomorrow (Tuesday, May 21st) at noon, protests and other action events are being held across the country in response to the current wave of extreme abortion bans. You can see if there’s an event near you at stopabortionbans.org.
- How the trailer for Star Wars Episode I: The Phantom Menace became a whole cinematic event in a pre-internet culture era. (via Den of Geek)
- Calvin Klein apologized for queerbaiting. (via Teen Vogue)
- Ack, my heart!
A real-life #CaptainMarvel proposed to A real life #WonderWoman and she said yes #LoveWins 💍💍💘💘🌈🌈@sapphicgeek @FlawlesslyGeeky @NicolaScottArt@IrishPatti1 @mstohl @GWillowWilson @LiamRSharp @79SemiFinalist @kellysue pic.twitter.com/uk4CjTIqTl
— Proud DCEU & MCU Girl 🗽🇺🇸 (@AnnaOmmen) May 20, 2019
- Did you catch the Westworld season 3 trailer before last night’s Game of Thrones? (via HBO on Twitter)
- This is a fascinating story of a same-sex couple influencing national politics a full century ago. (via HuffPost)
What did you all see out there today?
Want more stories like this? Become a subscriber and support the site!
—The Mary Sue has a strict comment policy that forbids, but is not limited to, personal insults toward anyone, hate speech, and trolling.—
Have a tip we should know? firstname.lastname@example.org