Things We Saw Today: A Creepy Ice Cream Commercial to Give You Nightmares
Holy hell, this a creepy way to sell your ice cream. Admittedly, I’m a big baby about anything remotely scary, but – as many commenters have pointed out – this is like a Black Mirror episode reworked as an advertisement. It did not leave me craving ice cream – especially when I found out it was for some low-calorie brand. (via Jezebel)
- Hot Topic will sell the official Jughead beanie from Riverdale for your cosplaying needs. (via Nerdist)
- While we’ve known that the Maleficent sequel is in the works (with a female writer!) for a while now, Angelina Jolie just officially confirmed that she will return for the film. (via Cosmopolitan)
- This Hocus Pocus merchandise looks great – and just in time for Halloween! (via Bustle)
- The Atlantic has released a previously unpublished Kurt Vonnegut story, “The Drone King.”
- Crazy Ex-Girlfriend returns to the CW on October 13.
- It broke a bunch of box office records around the world this weekend, giving Hollywood a boost after a lackluster summer box office. (via Deadline)
(Featured image via screengrab)
Want more stories like this? Become a subscriber and support the site!
—The Mary Sue has a strict comment policy that forbids, but is not limited to, personal insults toward anyone, hate speech, and trolling.—