Things We Saw Today: The Christopher Robin Trailer Is a Swift Kick to the Tear Ducts
If your social media feeds today were just a flood of tears, it might have something to do with this new trailer for Christopher Robin. The movie centers on a now-grown Christopher Robin, played by Ewan McGregor, trying to reconnect with the joy of his childhood. I’m not sure how this will play with younger audiences (probably great), but for many of us who were fans of Pooh and his friends when we were young and now find ourselves in adulthood, the trailer is a swift kick to the tear ducts.
This is also an appropriate reaction:
Cute aggression is loosely defined as the “you’re so cute I could eat your face” urge.
It’s the appropriate reaction to the new Christopher Robin trailer. https://t.co/jtprWG1yoI
— Dictionary.com (@Dictionarycom) May 25, 2018
- I love this: “I Went to Denny’s and Ate Everything on the Solo-Themed Menu.” (via SyFyWire)
- Our deepest gratitude to the sketch artist assigned to Harvey Weinstein’s court appearance today. This is a gift.
i get the feeling the sketch artist doesn’t like him pic.twitter.com/4qbWBdObz0
— David Mack (@davidmackau) May 25, 2018
- The live action Kim Possible movie (which, I’ll be honest, is not even a thing I knew was happening) announced that Alyson Hannigan has joined the cast just and now I am VERY excited. (via Deadline)
- I was already pumped for the Jagged Little Pill musical, but the fact that it actually sounds really good and not just like an angsty nostalgia party makes me so happy! (via Variety)
- Samantha Bee and Molly Ringwald look like fancy detectives who fight crime in great blazers (also those shoes). Someone please immediately make that a show. (via Go Fug Yourself)
Have a great long weekend, Mary Suevians!
Want more stories like this? Become a subscriber and support the site!
—The Mary Sue has a strict comment policy that forbids, but is not limited to, personal insults toward anyone, hate speech, and trolling.—
Have a tip we should know? [email protected]