Things We Saw Today: It’s Been 20 Years Since the Battle of Hogwarts & We’re Still Not Over It
Today is the 20th anniversary of the Battle of Hogwarts. Over at SyFyWire, they’re paying tribute to all the wizards and witches who lost their lives that fictional day. Be warned, there are a lot of feelings there.
Also, continuing with her annual tradition, J.K. Rowling has apologized to fans for one character’s death. This year’s choice is a biggie, and, in my mind, long overdue!
It’s that anniversary again. This year, I apologise for killing someone who didn’t die during the #BattleofHogwarts, but who laid down his life to save the people who’d win it. I refer, of course, to Dobby the house elf.
— J.K. Rowling (@jk_rowling) May 2, 2018
What do you think of that apology, Mary Suevians? And which deaths are you still not over, 20 years later?
- If all you want from Solo: A Star Wars Story is Lando and nothing but Lando, this video of Donald Glover touring the Millennium Falcon is for you. I don’t mean to over-excite you, but there may be a walk-in cape armoire involved. (via i09)
- The Handmaid’s Tale has been renewed for a third season already. Blessed be the incredibly depressing and painful to watch fruit. (via THR)
- The new Sabrina series on Netflix has a title. (via TV Line)
- A white man has been convicted in the brutal beating of a black man in a parking garage during the Charlottesville Nazi rally. (via NPR)
- Zachary Levi is making headlines for saying some pretty obtuse things about reverse racism & sexism. But it’s not his first time at that rodeo. (via Pajiba)
- Rom-com fans, brace yourselves. Mindy Kaling has written a Four Weddings and a Funeral series for Hulu, and the original film’s writer, Richard Curtis, is executive producing. (via THR)
Happy Wednesday, everybody. See you tomorrow!
(image: Warner Bros.)
Want more stories like this? Become a subscriber and support the site!
—The Mary Sue has a strict comment policy that forbids, but is not limited to, personal insults toward anyone, hate speech, and trolling.—
Have a tip we should know? [email protected]