Things We Saw Today: Star Wars Disney Princess Crossover Art!
Belle would make an amazing Wookiee.
BuzzFeed staff writer Will Varner drew some amazing collaboration illos giving Disney princesses their time in the Star Wars universe. There’s everyone from Rapunzel as a Twi’lek (which makes total and complete sense and HOW DID I NOT SEE IT BEFORE) to Snow White as an Imperial stormtrooper and Jasmine as a Mandalorian bounty hunter. (via BuzzFeed)
- Speaking of Star Wars, the website has released a video counting down the 10 most memorable (and probably most unique) of its sound effects. If anything, this is a testament to the skill of master sound designer Ben Burtt. (via GeekTyrant)
- J.J. Watt, of the Houston Texans, made a surprise visit to a children’s hospital dressed as the Caped Crusader. “I know what it’s like to be a fan,” Watt said. “I know what it’s like to be a kid who looks up to football players. I just want to be that guy who parents can point to and say, ‘He does it the right way.'” Holy feels, Batman! (via Daily Dot)
— NASA History Office (@NASAhistory) October 16, 2015
George Mueller, the NASA administrator who was widely known as ‘the father of the space shuttle’, passed away this week at the age of 97. Without his organization and advocating for a more effective way to reuse spacecraft, we might never have gotten Neil Armstrong on the moon. (via io9)
- This hilarious Vine sums up what it would be like if video game lag happened in real life. (via Geeks Are Sexy)
- A My Little Pony-themed cafe just opened in Japan, and it looks exactly how you think it would—so basically, a lot of rainbows. (via ComicBookResources)
- Why do we smell the change in seasons? It actually has more to do with what we see, hear and feel in addition to all that pumpkin spice. (via Gizmodo)
—Please make note of The Mary Sue’s general comment policy.—
Have a tip we should know? [email protected]