Things We Saw Today: Neill Blomkamp’s Alien Room, Mad Max Posters Make Us Furiousa
You might have your own Alien-themed corner in your house, but Neill Blomkamp, the director of District 9 and this upcoming Alien film, has an entire ROOM. And he posted a photo of it on Instagram this weekend. Here’s hoping he’s dreaming up some sweet Ripley scenes in there as we speak. (via SlashFilm)
- In other Alien news, what do you make of this functional replica of the M-41A pulse rifle from Aliens? (via Geekologie)
- In non-Alien news, did you hear about James Wan producing this Mortal Kombat movie? (via Tracking Board)
- Also, looks like Fantastic Four actually did totally crash and burn at the box office, getting beat out by Mission Impossible. (via Hollywood Reporter)
Like the look of these Mad Max: Fury Road posters by Mike Mitchell and Ken Taylor for Mondo? Sure, they’re super cool. But where is our Furiousa alterna poster? Mondo has released three Mad Max posters and none of them feature our one-armed queen. (via Collider)
- At least our other queen, Miss Piggy, is getting the attention she deserves. Check out this great piece on her place in feminism. (via Washington Post)
- And if you need a new queen, consider this 85-year-old woman who climbed Mt. Kilimanjaro. (via Jezebel)
Thanks for another great weekend, everyone!
—Please make note of The Mary Sue’s general comment policy.—
Do you follow The Mary Sue on Twitter, Facebook, Tumblr, Pinterest, & Google +?
Have a tip we should know? [email protected]