Things We Saw Today: #YesAllWomen
Things We Saw Today
#YesAllWomen rose to trending on Twitter this past weekend after the world learned of a shooting spree on the University of California, Santa Barbara campus. The suspect, now dead, killed six and left behind horrifying video evidence in which he credits his hatred for women as motivation for murder. We’ve collected a few essays and personal declarations made by individuals online in the wake of the news.
- Geekosystem’s Weekend Editor, and Contributor for The Mary Sue, Sam Maggs shared her thoughts on the topic (below the video) as well as some personal experiences with abuse.
- Felicia Day posted a piece on #YesAllWomen on her Tumblr.
- The Pick-Up Artist Community’s Predictable, Horrible Response to a Mass Murder. (via Slate)
- David Uzumeri writes on his Tumblr, Virginity, Experience and Shame: This is where the MRA Movement Comes From.
- Jess Fink shares her experiences dealing with her father, who considered himself a MRA.
- Kate Leth responds to Fink’s piece and adds her own experiences to the discussion.
And a parting thought from @albinwonderland…