Thing We Saw Today: Hipster Princesses Are So Over the Con Thing
Things We Saw Today
Jun 20th, 2013, 5:00 pm
That camera is soooo mainstream. via Fashionably Geek
- This Russian Tampax ad is pretty hardcore, not for those with a fear of blood or a weak stomach! [TW: sharks] (via the Frisky)
- Rest in peace, Kim Thompson. The titan of the cartooning world and co-founder of Fantagraphics passed away yesterday after a long battle with lung cancer. (via Comicsbeat)
- On Reaction Zine, Samantha Allen writes a passionate and frank letter to the people running the gaming media industry. It is nothing short of incredibly articulate and very moving, and a good reminder that we should all remember our power in creating the community we want to live in. Check it out here.
- Liv Tyler is starring in Damon Lindelof‘s new show, The Leftovers, about people left behind after the Rapture. Look out for it on HBO. (via Deadline)
Where do you stand on the Geek v. Nerd chart? via Neatorama
- He’s Troy McClure, and you may remember him from shows such as The Simpsons, or any of the other programs he mentions in this supercut of Troy McClure’s introductory moments.(via Geekosystem)
- This medical-themed pinball machine lets you flick a “musket” ball through the body of a solider in the war of 1812. Bloody awesome. (via StreetAnatomy)
- Sandra Bullock sadly will not be playing Miss Hannigan in the new Annie remake, despite earlier rumors. (via DigitalSpy)
Are you planning on trekking across Middle Earth any time soon? If so, better stay warm with this Lord of the Rings scarf made by tumblr user thedaywasnew, featuring the entire company. (via Neatorama)
Are you following The Mary Sue on Twitter, Facebook, Tumblr, Pinterest, & Google +?
Have a tip we should know? [email protected]